Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts is located in a very safe and central neighborhood near downtown Vancouver. We suggest looking for accommodations in the following Vancouver neighbourhoods, as they are within walking distance or an easy commute by bicycle or public transit:
· Downtown West End· South Granville
· Main Street/Mount Pleasant/Fraserhood
· Olympic Village
· Commercial Drive
Tips for finding student housing:
· Plan ahead. Begin your search at least one month prior to move-in and allow two weeks of search time.
· Google Maps is a great resource to use when determining the location of the accommodation in relation to the school
· Set up appointments with landlords in-person. Never secure accommodations without meeting the landlord in-person and looking at the accommodation first.
· Do not send money in the mail to secure accommodations.
· Know what you want before you go. You may not find everything you want but it is best to set some priorities.
Global Education City
Furnished apartments for students. Multiple locations. The closest location to our campus is their Granville Street location. GEC Granville Suites is a premium boutique hotel in Downtown Vancouver, specializing in extended stays and student housing. For more information, visit here.
The Standard is a high-rise building offering 106 apartments located along Granville Street near the crossroads of Davie and Helmcken. The Standard is steps away from the many restaurants, bars, and shops along Granville. For more information, visit here.
Vanmates helps international students find the right home at the best rates to suit their needs - from homes stays, shared accommodations to fully furnished apartments. For more information, visit here.
Websites to Search for Rental Accommodation:
*This list is provided for informational purposes only and is not in any way to be interpreted as a recommendation, warranty or representation of any kind. Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts neither inspects nor endorses any unit or home, landlord, property location, website and roommate listing. It is the student’s responsibility to exercise due care and judgement when choosing a rental.