Christian Lai Chun
No words can describe the emotions behind creating the perfect finished product. With these years of experience, I am very happy that I chose the right path. What makes our craft exciting is that it has no limits! Whether it is contemporary, modern or traditional, it creates one of the most important moments in life memories.
- Chef Christian was born in the island of Mauritius where he also attended culinary school and apprenticed at one of the leading hotels, The Royal Palm Hotel.
- In 2006, he studied in France specializing in Baking & Pastry Arts and worked at Chez Bouillet pastry shop in Lyon, a member of the Relais Desserts International. He also applied his skills at "Chez Cordier" and "Aux Délices d'Etampes" near Paris.
- He then returned to Mauritius and worked as Pastry Chef at two 5-star luxury resorts, the Maritim and Taj Exotica.
- In 2009, he moved to Toronto and worked as Chef de Partie at two local pastry shops. Then, in 2012, he joined the Ritz Carlton Toronto where he was nominated for the 2013 Greater Toronto Hotel Association Award.
- In 2015, Chef Christian relocated to Vancouver where he joined the team of Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts.