WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits (July 2019 3-Day Intensive)
Thank you for your interest. This class is now sold out.
If you would like to be added to a wait list, please email us at with your name, phone number and number of participants.
WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES & SPIRITS (INTENSIVE)
* This pricing includes your textbook and exam. ISO glasses will be provided during class time or you may bring your own if you have them.
SUNDAY, JULY 14
SATURDAY, JULY 20
SUNDAY, JULY 21
(Deadline for registration: June 28th)
9:30AM - 5:00PM
What You'll Learn:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties and produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Student Evaluation: The final examination consists of one 50 question multiple choice paper. Results may take 6-8 weeks from the WSET in London.
Your experience will be complemented by Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts' student creations, paired perfectly with your vineous education.