WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (1-Day Intensive) Spring 2020
1. Choose A Class
WSET LEVEL 1 ONE DAY INTENSIVE COURSE
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1st
9:30AM - 5:00PM
Includes all instruction & study guide, wines, and examination at the end of the day
While our WSET classes are renowned city-wide for their thorough instruction and fantastic food pairings, we do understand that not everyone has the opportunity to engage in a multi-week class. We've designed these one-day sessions for YOU! The session is intensive, in-depth, and dives straight into the exam at the end of the day - perfect for industry professionals and enthusiasts alike!
This course is designed to give the student upon successful completion:
- A basic understanding of the main types & wine styles available and their determining factors
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal grape varieties of the world
- An understanding of the fundamentals of food and wine matching
- The ability to use a systematic approach to tasting to write simple tasting notes.
- Knowledge on the correct storage and service procedures for wine.
- Knowledge of the professional responsibility regarding the service of wine including the social, legal & health aspects
Exam: 30 question multiple choice paper sent from and marked by the WSET in London; results to be posted approximately 2-3 weeks after course completion.