Careers Opportunities at PICA
We are looking to add to our faculty! Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume with cover letter to the designated email addresses below. No phone calls or in person inquiries. We thank all those who submit their applications but only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for any of the positions, please submit your resume by email to careers [at] picachef [dot] com.
Sous Chef - Baking & Pastry Arts
This position is full-time mornings/day, Wednesday to Sunday. The successful candidate's abilities and duties must include (but are not limited to):
- Hands-on experience in menu planning, inventory control and waste management
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Focus on larger scale production of viennoiserie), cakes, and frozen desserts
- Assist for production and service of on-site and off-site catering events
- Ensure production, quality and presentation standards are met
- Ensure safe food handling procedures (Foodsafe Level 1 certification required)
- Ability to lift 20kg (up to 45lbs)
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Follow any other instruction and direction provided by the Executive Pastry Chef
Chef Instructor - Baking & Pastry Arts
The main responsibilities include delivering instruction of relevant and current curriculum using a variety of teaching methods and standardized assessment tools.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Adhere to guidelines for lectures, demonstrations as per program curriculum outline
- Ensure preparedness of required instructional supplies and tests etc. for each days class
- Provide feedback and assistance for improvements and maintenance of program curriculum
- Instruct and enforce classroom clean up and sanitation procedures
- Measures student understanding of course content in an objective fashion
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance progress in accordance with school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applicants must possess the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of industry work experience - International education and/or experience
- Thorough and advanced knowledge of various breads, pastries, chocolate and plated desserts
- Strong communication skills, patience and ability to lead a dynamic group of people
- Maintenance of or willingness to work towards completion of Provincial Instructors Certification or equivalent
- A valid BC drivers licence
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts is unable to assist/sponsor candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
We thank all those who submit an application but only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.