Careers Opportunities at PICA
We are looking to add to our faculty! Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume with cover letter to the designated email addresses below. No phone calls or in person inquiries. We thank all those who submit their applications but only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Chef Instructor - Baking & Pastry Arts
This position reports to the Executive Pastry Chef. The main responsibilities include delivering instruction of relevant and current curriculum using a variety of teaching methods and standardized assessment tools.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Adhere to guidelines for lectures, demonstrations as per program curriculum outline
- Ensure preparedness of required instructional supplies and tests etc. for each days class
- Provide feedback and assistance for improvements and maintenance of program curriculum
- Instruct and enforce classroom clean up and sanitation procedures
- Measures student understanding of course content in an objective fashion
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance progress in accordance with school policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applicants must possess the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of industry work experience - International education and/or experience
- Thorough and advanced knowledge of various breads, pastries, chocolate and plated desserts
- Strong communication skills, patience and ability to lead a dynamic group of people
- Maintenance of or willingness to work towards completion of Provincial Instructors Certification or equivalent
- A valid BC drivers licence
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts is unable to assist/sponsor candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
To apply for any of the above positions, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to careers [at] picachef [dot] com.
We thank all those who submit an application but only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.