Program: Advanced Baking & Pastry Arts
Years of Experience: 30
"Skills and the right attitude are the two major tools an aspiring Chef needs to succeed. Here at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, we will teach and enhance the professional skills needed for your new endeavors. But a curious mind and open heart will take you to new, exciting and fantastic horizons."
• Chef Bruno began his career at the age of 15 as an apprentice at France’s oldest chocolate shop, Les Palets d’Or.
• Recruited to be a Chocolatier by world-renowned Chef Alain Ducassé before opening his own shop which saw him developing a specialty line of truffles for the prestigious Hotel de Paris in Monte-Carlo, Monaco before heading to the US.
• Held Executive Pastry Chef positions at Four Seasons Hotel in New York, Patina in Los Angeles, Pacific’s Edge in Carmel, Senses Bakery and Restaurant in Toronto and the Wickaninish Inn in Tofino, BC.
• Voted one of the Top Ten Pastry Chef’s in America by Chocolatier Magazine and only Canadian Chef to be nominated twice for the prestigious 'Outstanding Pastry Chef' James Beard Award.
• Recruited in 2008 by the world-renowned Chef Daniel Boulud to launch his newest establishments in Vancouver, Lumieré and db Bistro Restaurants, Chef Bruno joined our Institute in 2009.