Baking & Pastry Arts
6 Month, Full-time Diploma Program (5 days per week / 7+ hours per day)
- Quarterly intakes (AM and PM schedules)
- Maximum Student to Chef Instructor ratio:12:1
- 917 hours; 90% hands-on
- Lifetime Employment Placement Assistance
At Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts we are passionate about providing expertly trained graduates for the rapidly growing food and hospitality industry worldwide. Along with small class sizes, dedicated Chef Instructors, 90% hands-on professional training and our eight professional kitchens with Lifetime Employment Placement Assistance, you have the right ingredients for a delicious career.
Your six month program begins with measuring and scaling, terminology, artisan breads, pastry dough and batters, dessert sauces, fillings, chocolate, sugar and a variety classic, modern and holiday pastries. Create intricate garnishes and learn professional plating secrets – in a practical format that allows you to practice and advance your techniques.
Our advanced instruction covers baking and pastry operations with a practical repertoire of time tested recipes, advanced and incorporated into our gourmet restaurant – Bistro 101
, bakeshop – Bakery 101
and catering division
built to hone real-world skills that will have you baking and creating pastries as a professional.
To enhance our students’ knowledge we include, Foundation Level Wine Certification through the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and Food & Beverage Operations Management covering effective menu planning, inventory control, costing and various food operations. These courses provide students with an in-depth knowledge of hospitality operations beyond the kitchens doors ensuring students gain a well-rounded education.
- Food Safe Certification
- History & Science
- Weights, Measures, Scaling & Conversions
- Basic, Artisan & Ethnic Bread Making
- Practical Baking Techniques
- Pastry Dough, Sauces & Fillings
- Cream, Custards & Icing
- Frozen Desserts
- Pies, Fruit Flans & Tarts
- Specialty Cakes, Gateaux & Torte
- Chocolate & Sugar Work
- Seasonal Events & Product
- Nutrition & Dietary Sensitivities
- Plating & Presentation Styles
- Food & Beverage Operations Management
- Foundation Level Wine Certification (WSET)